Upon request, Spicers Canada ULC (“Spicers” or the “Company”) will provide, or will arrange for the provision of, accessible formats and communication support in its feedback processes to ensure that these processes are accessible to persons with disabilities.
Spicers will notify the public about availability of this feedback process in accessible formats and with communication supports.
Spicers encourages and appreciates feedback and comments on the manner in which it provides its information and communications to people with disabilities.
Spicers has established procedures relating to accessible formats and communications supports for persons with disabilities and notification procedures for the public about the availability of accessible formats and communication supports.
The purpose of this Statement of Policy and Procedures is to ensure that the processes for receiving and responding to feedback are accessible to persons with disabilities by providing, or arranging for the provision of, accessible formats and communications supports upon request.
This policy applies to Spicers’:
• Contractors and subcontractors engaged by Spicers
Feedback Process and Form
Spicers has developed a process and form for customers and the public to provide feedback on how the Company is providing accessible information and communications that meets their needs. That process includes how we respond to such in a timely manner.
The process consists of the following:
• Information will be posted in our Ontario offices at the front desk and placed on Spicers’ website inviting users of its services or the public to provide feedback on their experience with or concerns about the information and communications system/platform including all types of company documents received or used.
• Printed information is available inviting people with disabilities to provide feedback on their experience or concerns about the accessibility of Spicers’ information and communications systems/platform and documentations used. The accessible information and communication system/platform feedback form is used for that purpose. This form can be emailed, faxed, and mailed.
Those wishing to make feedback comments can do so:
• Electronically (by email) at email@example.com
• In person and verbally, at our Vaughan office
• By telephone at 905-265-5000
• In any other format necessary that meets the need of the person with a disability
Regardless of which process is used, the feedback forms will always be used to record and track feedback. The form will either be filled in directly by the person providing the feedback or by the person receiving the feedback.
Employees will ensure these requests are dealt with as soon as possible. Some feedback may, however, require more time to address and may need to be reviewed before an action is taken.
Spicers will respond to the feedback using the same format in which it was received.
Employees will record and retain all feedback received and note: 1) when it was submitted; 2) how it was submitted; 3) who received the feedback; 4) what was requested; 5) by whom and when it was dealt with by; and 6) if the feedback was dealt with to the satisfaction of the customer.
This policy has been developed to provide accessible services for customers with disabilities. If any member of the public has a question about this policy, or if the purpose of the policy is not understood, an explanation will be provided by contacting the Spicers’ Human Resources Department. This policy is available in an alternative format upon request.
Human Resources Department
Spicers Canada ULC
200 Galcat Drive
Vaughan, Ontario L4L 0B9
Phone: 905 265 5000
Confidential Fax: 905 265 2037